Treasure or Trash?

22 Jun

Every third Sunday in Cortona, the antique market comes to town. Trash or treasure, it’s in the eye of the beholder, yet it brings many antique followers to town. I keep hoping I’ll find a da Vinci, but alas, none so far.

Children’s books:

children's books,

Remember the Brownie?

Remember the Brownie?

Victoria No 2 – 1825 small sewing machine, still working!

Serving bowl?

Actually this is Snoopy but the Madama looks right~

And then our long walk, with vistas like this everywhere… makes exercise enjoyable.

Heading to a party tonight. As I close, someone is playing lovely music outside, and it is flowing in with the summer breeze.

8 Responses to “Treasure or Trash?”

1. Barbara Kaines June 22, 2014 at 11:03 AM #

Judy- Where are you two staying? Please give our greetings to Frenanda, Carlo, Vera (if she is there) I’m especially enjoying your descriptions of Cortona life. So anxious to return, Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

• blogginginitaly June 23, 2014 at 4:07 AM #

Staying on Via Nazionale – a bit noisy, but ok. Vera is in Brazil but have already spent time with C and F and will pass along your greetings.

2. Peggy June 22, 2014 at 1:50 PM #

We were there a few years ago and loved it. We attended an Andre Rieu concert there also. We attended this lovely market, it was so much fun. Want to go back again soon

• blogginginitaly June 23, 2014 at 4:06 AM #

The Market and a concert…a great combination! Hope you do return soon.

3. Loren June 22, 2014 at 7:25 PM #

Beautiful, Juju, just beautiful. I hope you took home the fish bowl!!

4. Laura June 23, 2014 at 4:57 AM #

I’ve enjoyed so many of your posts, but this one brought tears to my eyes. I lived in a small Tuscan town (Ponte Ali Stoli, up the hill from Figline val’Darno, about 40 minutes from Firenze) in the mid ’70’s. Some of the many wonderful photos I have were taken at a flea market. Thanks for the beautiful memories and for the journey you’re allowing me to take with you. Mille Grazie!

• blogginginitaly June 23, 2014 at 8:17 AM #

Laura, thanks for the lovely note. I love taking photos and writing about Italy, and it is even more enjoyable for me knowing others are along on the journey. Mille Grazie a te!