Return to Cortona

19 Jun

Hardly here 24 hours and have already reconnected with so many local friends, returning friends, and even had time to make new friends.

My long time wonderful friend Sue was visiting her daughter in Firenze, then spent a night with us before heading home. We had appertivo last night at Tuscher Cafe (Benita’s favorite!),

IMG_1515 - Version 2

then lunch there again today including Pici Amatriciana and a caprese salad.

Pici Amatriciana da Tuscher Cafe in Cortona,

Pici Amatriciana da Tuscher Cafe in Cortona,

Pici is like a thick spaghetti, made from flour and water only. It originated in the Siena area and is usually only found in Tuscany. The Amatriciana included speck, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and cheese. Delicioso! And as usual, there’s nothing quite like an Italian tomato.

In between all the eating, we managed some walking on the steep streets of this lovely Etruscan town.

And then just before heading home, we stopped in the piazza, and as usual, always something happening.

Finally, I had to stop these kids as I had never seen so large a gelato. Glad I got to them before the dripping began!

Ciao for now,

6 Responses to “Return to Cortona”

1. Connelly, Vincent J. June 19, 2014 at 5:31 PM #

Sounds like you seamlessly hit the ground and just picked up from where you left off last year. How’s the apartment?

• blogginginitaly June 19, 2014 at 5:38 PM #

Like we never left, but then that’s what we love about it. Apt is fine.

2. Barbara Kaines June 19, 2014 at 6:04 PM #

I am so very GREEN with envy. All sounds heavenly! Enjoy, Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

• blogginginitaly June 19, 2014 at 6:11 PM #

Not to worry, you’ll be here before you know it and then I’ll be the green one!

3. Sandy Holswade June 19, 2014 at 7:59 PM #

Fabulous! Just as I remember. You both look great! How is your new residence? Hope you are comfortable.

• blogginginitaly June 20, 2014 at 7:45 AM #

Exactly the same except we miss you being here. Place is comfortable.